Solar Powerhaus specializes in solar home energy systems. Components for these systems are selected from brands which are tested for quality. The capacity of our systems are generally for the typical household. These range from 500 watts to 10 kilowatts where household electricity consumption ranges from 75 to 1,200 kilowatt hours per month. We offer systems that are either stand alone (off-grid) or grid tied (connected to the electric power company). Parts and components such as solar panels and inverters are also offered by our company. All are tested for safety, stability and durability.
Grid Tied Systems
Grid tied systems will only operate in tandem with the power grid. Unlike the off-grid systems, grid tied systems do not have batteries. The energy harvested by the solar panels are transformed into usable household current through inverters. When solar energy is not sufficient to run the household appliances, the electric power grid will provide the necessary electricity. At night, when solar energy is not available, the electric grid takes over.
Excess power (not used by the household) generated by the solar panels is thrown back to the power grid and may be credited to reduce electricity consumption (under a net metering arrangement). The cost of the grid tied system is generlly less than the off-grid system. Grid tied systems are used when electricity in a locality is generally stable and the homeowner would like to significantly reduce electric bill. Solar Powerhaus offers the following grid-tied packages:
* 500 watts to 2 kW Grid-tied Solar System Packages
* 1.6 kW to 3.3 kW Grid-tied Solar System Packages with maximum DC input power from 2,400 Wp to 4,950 Wp
* 3.6 kW to 6 kW Grid-tied Solar System Packages with maximum DC input power from 5,400 Wp to 9,000 Wp
* 7 kW to 10 kW Grid-tied Solar System Pacakages with maximum DC input power from 10,500 Wp to 15,000 Wp
Hybrid off-grid systems basically operate off-grid with solar panels and batteries. The inverters that we use, however, can be connected automatically to the power grid when the energy from the solar panels or the batteries is not sufficient. The system can also be programmed to have the batteries as the next power source when it is sufficiently charged. The power from the grid comes in only when there is no sufficient power coming from the solar panels and the batteries. Also, the inverter component that will be used is capable of running the system without batteries. This will be useful for applications that may not have a need for night-time operation and thus may not need batteries.
* 3 KVA/3 kW Hybrid Off-grid System with a maximum PV input of 3,000 Wp
* 5 KVA/5 kW Hybrid Off-grid System with a maximum Pv input of 5,500 Wp
Hybrid grid-tie systems are differentiated from hybrid off-grid systems by working as grid-tie system with battery back-up. Excess solar energy that are not utilized in the household is still fed to the grid (or may be limited, if desired with a limiting device) whereas hybrid off-grid systems cannot provide excess power to the grid. The basic hybrid grid-tie systems that we offer have capacities ranging from 3 kW to 5 kW that can be parelleled for increased capacity.
* 3 kW hybrid grid-tie with maximum input power of up to 4,500 kWp
* 3.68 kW hybrid grid-tie with maximum input power of up to 5,520 Wp
* 4.6 kW hybrid grid-tie with maximum input power of up to 6,900 Wp
* 5 kW hybrid grid-tie with maximum input power of up to 7,500 Wp